Many questions are asked about what we are looking for in a winning car. Here are a few guidelines that are always helpful in giving your car the best chance possible to win.
1. Use a template to paint the car.
2. Use good shading and color combinations that are eye
3. Keep your car as realistic as possible. Cars with
numbers misplaced and sponsor decals that are outrageous
seldom have a good chance to win.
4. Detail, DETAIL !!! Pay attention to the smallest details when painting your car. Things like the location of sponsor decals, the locations of numbers, is the number on the roof upside down, the small decals on the front fenders. These all can make a huge difference if something
looks out of place.
5. Take your time painting the car. Cars done in a few minutes seldom have any chance at winning. Cars that are done over a period of several hours or maybe even days are often very professionally done and stand the best chance.
1. Be fair and impartial. Do not choose someone's car because you know the person or because you owe someone a favor.
2. Vote for the best car (in your opinion).
3. A car can only be chosen car of the week by a majority vote. Should a tie occur among three cars, then the remainder of the cars will be dropped, and we will revote until either one car wins a majority or should we revote 3 times with each vote ending in a tie, then all three cars will share the honor. This is amended below.
4 Cars are to be judged on originality of design and eye appeal.
5. Cars are to be judged on clarity of design (things flow well and not together).
6. Cars are not to be judged because of sponsorship's whom you may not agree with politically or culturally or religiously or etc...
7. The final submissions for cars will be made by Saturday midnight (CST). You will receive the cars by
8. All votes must be made by Wednesday at 8am (CST).
9. ONE WINNER will be decided for each of the 4 contest divisions. Nascar 1, Nascar 2, Indy Car 2 and
Grand Prix 2.
10. VOTE for a winner from each division.
11. Since the final car entries are not do unitl Saturday midnight, I ask that you not vote prior to this time.
12. Also cast votes for a second and third place winner in all contest divisions where there are 3 or more entries.
Points will be awarded each car voted for as follows:
15 pts - 1st place vote
10 pts - 2nd place vote
05 pts - 3rd place
The car with the highest total points will be the winner for the week. The car with the 2nd highest point total wins second place and the car with the 3rd highest point total wins third place.
In case of a tie, the alternate judges will vote to break the tie.